In general, we collect information about the actions that you take on the Services, and we use this information to provide the Services to you. We may use analytics to help us analyze data on website traffic and page views. We take steps to protect the personal information you provide us, such as by limiting access to the information to trained staff and designated volunteers, and only sharing your information as needed to provide the Services to you. We also provide you with certain choices regarding your personal information, and we aim to honor your preferences.
Information We Collect From You and How We Collect It
Depending on how you use the Services and its features, we or third parties working on our behalf may collect information about you (sometimes referred to as “personal information”). The type of personal information we collect from or about you may include: name, address, country, email address, gender, social media account information, OpenStreetMap (“OSM”) account information, and any other information you choose to provide to us. We may also collect information about the device you are using, such as the device’s IP address.
- We may collect this information when you:
- * Use the OSM Teams application;
- * Register an account with us;
- * Use various functions of the Services.
Information Collected from Third Parties
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Log Information: information about visitors to the Services, including IP address, operating system, and browser ID.
- Usage Information: information about how visitors interact with the Services, including information about what webpages on the Services were visited and for how long, the website the visitor navigated to the Services from, and the actions taken while using the Services.
Most browsers include tools to help you manage cookies. For example, you should be able to choose to have your browser warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off (i.e., refuse to accept) all cookies. Each browser is different, however, so please consult your browser's “Help” menu to learn the correct way to modify how your browser handles cookies. You can find more information about cookies and how to disable cookies atwww.allaboutcookies.org.
Keep in mind that we need certain information in order for the Services to function properly. If you disable cookies, you may no longer be able to use or access some features of the Services.
How And Why We Use the Information We Collect
Purposes for Using Information
Development Seed may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide the Services to you (for example, when you register an account with the OSM Teams, Development Seed uses your information to provide you the changeset data and the possibility to review changesets and post comments);
- To improve the Services in order to better serve you (for example, Development Seed may collect and analyze information on how visitors use various features of the Services, and use that data to make improvements to the Services);
- To communicate with you, respond to your communications with us, or to provide you with technical support;
- To enable to you to access certain features that require account authentication;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with the Services;
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To serve our legitimate business purposes
- To comply with our legal obligations.
We may also maintain and use information in de-identified or aggregated forms that do not identify you. We will retain your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
How and When We Share Information
- Service admins or team managers: Depending on the Services used, administrators, project managers, or other authorized users, which may include Development Seed employees or designated volunteers working on Development Seed behalf, may have access to your username, or other personal information.
- Partners, affiliates, or other third parties in connection with a merger, acquisition, or change in leadership: In the event Development Seed merges with or is acquired by another organization, or undergoes a restructuring, change in leadership or other similar significant organizational change, we may disclose and transfer your personal information to authorized third parties in connection with that event.
## How We Protect Your Information
We use appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures designed to prevent unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss of personal information.
Although we exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information and storage of the information provided through the Services, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
Certain local laws establish rights for consumers who are subject to their protections. For example, the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation provides for the following rights for individuals whose data is collected in the EU:
- Right to request access to your personal data;
- Right to request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Right to object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Right to request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Right to request portability of your personal data.
While these rights are not absolute — _e.g._, we do not have to delete your data if we need the data for compliance with a legal obligation — and they are not legally required in every jurisdiction in which we collect data, Development Seed wants to make it easy and straightforward for _all_ our users to enjoy these rights, we provide you the ability to exercise certain controls regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your information.
If you have any questions or otherwise would like to contact us about one of these rights, you can firstname.lastname@example.org to ask a question or request to exercise one of your rights. We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request — this is solely to protect you, and we will not use any of the information you provide us to confirm your identity for anything other than confirming your identity. In some functions of the Services you may exercise these controls via your account settings in addition to contacting us at the email address above. However, not all of our Services allow you to access, correct, or delete your personal data within your account settings. If applicable, you can make a complaint to the government supervisory authority of your jurisdiction.
Third-Party Websites and Services
The Services may include links to third-party websites and services that are not owned or controlled by us, such as Slack, YouTube, OpenStreetMap or social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. If you choose to use any third-party websites or services, the collection, use, and disclosure of your information on those websites will be subject to the privacy policies of these websites and services.
We encourage youth to use the Services under the supervision of their parent or guardian, and are committed to protecting the privacy of children who use our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. However, depending on how you use the Services, we may collect and use information about your child that you provide to us. Before we collect any such information, we will seek your permission. If we become aware we are processing the data of a child under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information as required under applicable laws. If you believe we might have personal information from or about a child under 16, please contact us email@example.com
How to Contact Us